BIC Sport ACE-TEC Performer SUP Review
When looking for one of the better surfing or all-around paddle boards on the market, the BIC Sport ACE-TEC Performer SUP series stands above the rest. The board handles flat water and surf exceptionally well. The long board-style of the ACE-TEC Performer ensures easy handling and a smooth ride.
- Type: Surfing / All-Around
- Length: 9' 2", 10' 6", and 11' 6"
- Construction: Solid
- Price: $$$
The ACE-TEC lines are BIC’s most popular paddle boarding products. As such, the company has packed these SUPs full of impressive features and more. Throughout testing, we were impressed with a few specifics, including:
- Surf-Inspired Long Board Design: The design of these boards is nothing short of spectacular. They were created with surfing waves in mind, even though they’re still fun boards to cruise on flat water. For riders looking to enjoy some time in the waves, ACE-TEC boards will do the trick.
- Robust Stability: No matter what size you get, this SUP offers excellent stability, while still allowing a little rocker profile. This adds versatility, but still keeps the board incredibly stable. The shape of these SUPs also lends hand to stable riding, which is an added bonus for beginners.
- Exceptional Durability: A lightweight, epoxy paddleboard – the BIC ACE-TEC offers some of the best durability on the market. The technology used to create these SUPs allows them to withstand a beating, while still holding up. Not only can these boards take a lot of trauma and hold a lot of weight, but also they’re still lightweight.
- ERGO-GRIP Handle: As this is a solid board, it can be a little more difficult to carry around than an inflatable one. Luckily, BIC has been around the block for some time now. They know making a SUP board easy to carry is a major key. So they designed an ERGO-GRIP handle that makes carry the ACE-TEC incredibly easy – no matter how big and strong you are.
As with most stand-up paddleboard packages, you'll find numerous accessories included when you purchases the BIC Sport ACE-TEC Performer SUP. Here's a quick overview of what you'll receive:
- An original paddle
- EVA deck pad
- Center fin
- ERGO-GRIP handle
- Two deck attachment points
Pros of the BIC Sport ACE-TEC Performer SUP
As one of the most popular boards available and an international best seller, there are a lot of positives to this paddleboard. The BIC Sport ACE-TEC Performer SUP is one heck of a board. A few things we loved during testing include:
- Exceptional Traction
Due to the EVA deck pad on the ACE-TEC, you’ll find the board offers better traction than most. The embossed pad is comfortable and plush, too. Your feet will thank you while riding around the waves or flat water on this bad boy.
- Round Thumb Tail Shape
Due to the unique shape of the Performer Series, you’ll find maneuvering to be easy on these SUPs. The shape allows for quick pivot turns and smooth rail transfers – ensuring a fun time on the water.
- Variety of Sizes
No matter how big or small you are, there’s a perfect board for you in the BIC Performer Series. ACE-TEC comes in three different sizes to ensure that anyone can find the perfect model for their needs.
- Sturdy Construction
This SUP is made with a composite polystyrene core then the board is covered with an epoxy/fiberglass combo to ensure a lightweight, but impact-resistant model. Even maneuvering over a rocky edge will only make a tiny dent in the body of a BIC ACE-TEC board.
Cons of This Model
No paddleboard is perfect, even if it is an international best seller. The BIC ACE-TEC is no different. We did notice a few things that could be improved through testing. Here’s what we noted:
As this SUP is so high quality, you won’t find the board to be too cheap. The price of these SUPs is incredibly fair, and you get great value when you buy one. However, these aren’t the cheapest boards on the market.
- Lack of Accessories
While BIC includes some accessories with every purchase, you won’t get a full-scale accessories package when you buy this SUP (compared to others). This certainly isn’t a deal-breaker for many, as these boards are quite popular, but it should be noted before purchase.
Our Overall Verdict
Overall, the BIC Sport ACE-TEC Performer SUP is one of the best combo boards on the market. If you’re looking to surf with your SUP, but also want to leisurely maneuver around the lake at times – this could be the board for you. We’re fairly complimentary after testing and are confident this paddleboard will suit the needs of most!