Best Racing Paddle Boards: Your Go-To Guide
Sometimes we all have a need for speed. Maybe you’re an expert paddle boarder who is tired of renting. Maybe you’re looking to paddle past the competition sooner rather than later. No matter the reason, you’re here because you want to find the best racing paddle boards money can buy.
If that’s you, then you’ve come to the right place. After SUP racing competitively for year, we’ve found the absolute best racing SUPs around. Boards for racing beginners and semi-pros alike. We’ve got a need for speed just like you.
Tower Paddle Boards iRace Inflatable SUP
ISLE Airtech Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board
Quick Answer - The Best Racing Paddle Board
#1: Tower Paddle Boards iRace 12'6" Inflatable SUP
#2: Ten Toes iSUP Inflatable Touring Standup Paddleboard SUP
#3: ISLE 12'6 Airtech Inflatable Touring Stand Up Paddle Board
#4: NIXY Touring Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board - Ultra Light 12'6" Manhattan
#5: Xterra Inflatable 10' Stand Up Paddle Board Premium SUP
1. Tower Paddle Boards iRace 12'6" Inflatable SUP
- Inflatable SUP that’s fast.
- Full two-year warranty gives you confidence to buy and try.
- Package deal comes will all the accessories you need.
- Overall, the best racing SUP for your money.
We’re huge fans of the Tower Paddle Boards iRace 12'6" Inflatable SUP here. If you’re new to SUP racing and touring, this board will be faster than anything you’ve ever stepped foot on. It’s still inflatable, which means you can transport this bad boy with ease. Plus, the full accessory package and two-year warranty make this racing paddleboard one of the best deals we’ve ever seen. Not even hyping here.
2. Ten Toes iSUP Inflatable Touring Standup Paddleboard SUP
- Legit one of the fastest inflatable boards around.
- Smooth gliding SUP designed for speed.
- Full accessories bundle is ideal.
- Well-priced for the value.
Another amazing racing SUP, the Ten Toes iSUP Inflatable Touring Standup Paddleboard SUP is designed to glide across the top of the water with ease. When the board glides so smoothly, you’ll find yourself moving pretty darn fast. The accessory bundle from Ten Toes is one of the best in the business, too.
3. ISLE 12'6 Airtech Inflatable Touring Stand Up Paddle Board
- Incredible value for a touring board.
- Ideal racing SUP for beginners.
- Pretty darn fast, too.
- Solid accessories bundle.
If you’re new to touring and racing SUPs, then we recommend starting with the ISLE 12'6 Airtech Inflatable Touring Stand Up Paddle Board. This is the ideal touring paddleboard for beginners looking to go faster than ever before. It’s incredibly durable and ideal for racing or fitness-related activities.
4. NIXY Touring Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board - Ultra Light 12'6" Manhattan
- Ideal for those starting to get serious about speed.
- Advanced technology used to create a ultralight board that’s sturdy.
- Full accessories package included.
- Ideal in many situations and water conditions.
For those looking to go fast in a number of water conditions, the NIXY Touring Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board - Ultra Light 12'6" Manhattan is what you want and need. This racing paddleboard was created to move in flat water and through waves. The accessory bundle is an added bonus and the deck pad adds solid traction.
5. Xterra Inflatable 10' Stand Up Paddle Board Premium SUP
- All-around SUP that’s pretty darn fast.
- Ideal in all conditions and water types.
- Incredibly stable for a fast SUP.
- Great paddleboard for those wanting to go fast, but still do other stuff.
While not a touring paddleboard, the Xterra Inflatable 10' Stand Up Paddle Board Premium SUP is still pretty fast. The simple design and full accessory bundle ensures this a great board for the whole family.
Paddle Board Racing Fins 101
If we’re talking paddle board racing, then fins are super important. The fastest boards all have one thing in common. What’s that? They all have a one fin setup.
Normal paddle boards tend to have three fins. This keeps the board sturdy and stable, while slowing things down when you start going too fast.
A one fin setup creates far less drag. You’ll find your one fin SUP going way faster than a three fin model ever could. Thus, if you’re looking to get serious about speed while paddling around, the first step is to look at your board and the fins.
What to Look For in a Racing SUP?
There’s more to it than that. Finding the perfect racing SUP brings a number of factors together to fulfill your need for speed. Here’s a few things we recommend paying attention to when buying your first racing SUP:
- Board Shape: This is essential. Generally, a racing board is going to be longer and thinner than you average SUP. This is another thing that leads to faster speeds in the water. This is especially true if the nose is pointed.
- Storage: If you plan to not only race on your board but tour around, too - then storage becomes a factor. You’ll need some space on the board to tie down supplies needed later on. Most touring boards offer some type of built-in storage options.
- Thickness: Overall, you’ll probably want a board that is 6” thick. This offers solid speed overall, while still keeping any things you have stored out of the water and dry. This can be incredibly important when touring long distances.
Best Racing Paddle Boards: Your Go-To Guide
That’s about it. What you need to know to find the best racing paddle boards and touring SUPs. If you’ve got a need for speed, then check out our top picks above and find the ideal racing SUP for your needs.